Friday, May 30, 2008

Failure to Fly....



Ok, so this is a picture of my little Parker. Well, actually this is a picture of Parker when he was only about 1 years old. He is now almost three but since I'm having problems with my external hard-drive and can't access it....this will have to do! Last week, my little boy discovered how to unlock a window and open it. Yes, people, he failed to fly.....he landed on his face! My baby fell out of the second story window and landed on some bikes which saved his life. I am so incredibly grateful to my heavenly father for blessing our family by keeping him safe. The only thing that happened to him was that he had 10 stitches directly under his eyebrow. There was no damage to the eye, to his head, no broken bones, and hardly any bruising. He had a little bit of bruising on his mouth and cheek. His eye, of course, was bruised and swollen shut, but that is already gone down. When I think of what could have happened, I just want to fall on my knees and thank the Lord for this miracle. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Needless to say, we now have locks that the kids can't open on all the windows. I would recommend them for all of your windows too! I NEVER would have imagined him doing what he did , but it could happen to ANYONE! Better safe than sorry. I hope that no one will have to go through what my son did and I hope that no mothers will have to experience what I did.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Yvonne, you did it! I'm so excited! Not only do I get to talk to you every day but now I get to see your wonderful sense of humor when you write!
I still can't think about what happened to Parker without getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. So funny though that the nurses in the hospital called it "Failure to Fly" Sometimes you need to interject some humor or you'll just fall apart.
I think you should tell the "rest" of the story. You know, the one where you're the only adult admitted in the all childrens hospital. Love ya sista!!!