Friday, April 10, 2009

I guess I'm lucky

So, this week I took my youngest son Parker with me while I drove Meghann to work. We had so much fun! He talked and talked and talked and TALKED! It's funny because not too long ago we were telling him that he was going to be able to stay home with mommy and have me all to himself while the rest of his siblings were going to go to school. Well, he threw the biggest hissy fit ever! I said, "Don't you want to stay home with me and go places with just you and me?" He crossed his little arms and shook his head and said the words that pierced me right to the core....."NO!" . Well, how do you have a comeback for that? LOL Anyway, while we were out on our "date", I talked about how we were going to be able to do this all the time while the kids were in school. Amazingly, he now thinks that it is a GOOD thing that he gets to stay home. I think that I'm going to miss that when all of them are attending school in a year. Its crazy how time flies and all of a sudden your kids are grown. My daughter turned 18 this past week and all I can think is "how did this happen?" I remember her as a baby, a toddler, a kindergartner, an eighth grader, a teenager (boy, do I remember her as a teenager!), and now a graduating senior who is already 18! How CRAZY is that?

2 comments:

Julia said...

Yeah it's so weird that they are growing up so fast. I gotta admit that I wanted the first one's to grow faster and now I don't want the younger one's to grow fast at all. I want to enjoy every moment....

Christina said...

Parker is such a cute kid! I can totally see him crossing his arms and shaking his head.
You are such a great mom.